Training Program Cost Estimates
Basic Training Program - Cost Estimates
All costs are estimates and subject to change.
Effective May 19, 2013, the cost of attending the course will be $4,560.00. This amount will entitle the student to lodging at the Training Center. No discount will be applied for students electing to lodge outside Training Center Facilities.
Meals: Based on meal plan purchased from food vendor or meals eaten. Cost for three meals per day is $23.25 plus tax.
Most students are reporting that the total cost of the course to include tuition, lodging, meals, equipment and supplies is between $6,500.00 to $7,500.00.
If you are attending as an employee of a Nebraska law enforcement agency, the agency will likely provide many of the required articles of equipment listed below.
Handgun, shotgun, rifle, holster, soft body armor, magazines, magazine pouches will be rented to non-agency students for a rental fee of $50.00. (Non-agency students will not be allowed to keep or store private weapons at the Training Center and will be required to rent the weapon.)
Gym clothes – minimum required – Shirts must be birch or ash gray in color – Shorts and sweatpants must be black in color
- 2 shorts
- 2 tee shirts
- 1 sweat pants
- 1 long sleeve sweat shirt
- Last name screen printed on front and back of shirts
- Estimated $60-$80 for gym clothes
- Uniforms can be purchased from Awards Plus or a vendor of your choice
- Estimated $100-$150 for uniform items
- Soft Body Armor
Download the Uniform Shirt Order Form and clothing specifications.
(Pants are not available through the Training Center)
- Head bandana – required for driving – estimated $5.00
- Ball style or broad brimmed hat.
- Duty belt – both outer and inner belt 2.25 inch- estimated $70.00 - $90.00 - example of acceptable belts
- Flashlight (heavy duty waterproof ) and belt holder
- Handcuffs – estimated $25.00
- Baton and holder – Not required for non-agency students
- Ammunition – estimated at $1,000
- 1500 rounds handgun ammo
- 150 rounds birdshot shotgun shells
- 10 rounds 00 buckshot
- 5 rounds 12 gauge slugs
- 500 rounds of rifle ammo (.223 or 5.56)
- Handgun cleaning kit
- Only new or professional reloads are acceptable
- No steel casing ammo allowed
- Black shoes/boots – leather able to take a shine
- Pillow/pillow case
- Alarm clock
- Towels and washcloths
- Ear protection – plugs or muffs
- Eye protection – wrap-around glasses or sunglasses will work
- Hard groin protection (All students)
- Kneepads and soccer shin guards
- ANSI approved traffic style safety vest
- Calculator with minimum of square roots
- .05 mechanical pencil
- 50 ft. or longer fiberglass or cloth tape measure
- Two dozen pair disposable latex gloves
The following will be supplied to each student at check-in for a fee of $101.65 including tax:
- Traffic Template
- PPCT Defensive Tactics Manual
- Language Translator Manual
- ID Checking Guide
- Nebraska Criminal and Traffic Law Manual